HomePro’s aim is to give the customer peace of mind and to take the worry out of finding a trade professional for a home improvement project. To help find the right trade professional on our “Find A Pro” directory service, we have included information on the levels of vetting that each contractor has passed.
Contractors listed on this site:
- The vast majority of the contractors have been trading for a number of years. Research shows that the majority of failed companies close within the first 12 months of trading. Our members are therefore more established and experienced within their specialist trade.
- have passed Legal and financial checks to establish thier stability; only those businesses whose ratings are satisfactory are accepted.
HomePro Members have passed these plus the following vetting procedures prior to acceptance on the directory:
- Customer reference checks – these are shown on the first page of results. Should the customer references not meet our strict criteria, the application for membership is declined. The scores are compiled from customer feedback and their opinions regarding:
Value for money
Customer reference checking is done on an ongoing basis, so we always have an up to date picture of a HomePro member’s business and service.
- An agreement to uphold the HomePro Customer Charter
- Many HomePro members are also part of the elite FairTrades register of reputable home improvement businesses. These contractors are highlighted with the FairTrades logo.
To view the Charter please click on this link HomePro Customer Charter
To further protect your financial investment in your home improvement project, we strongly recommend that consumers obtain an Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG), rather than a personal or letterhead guarantee – which offers no protection should a business cease to trade. To find out more, please call 08707 344 344.